Layer 1 Switches for Lab Automation
Up to 128Gb Layer 1 Switches compatible with any media and scalable to over 1000 ports in a single chassis
As network products become more complex, so do their testing requirements; as a result, an ever increasing portion of the product development cycle is spent on QA and regression testing. Additional test equipment and network devices are needed both to support the functions being tested and to scale up the network topology.
Automating the Test Lab can help shorten the QA test cycle, reduce the lab’s CAPEX and OPEX requirements, and increase test coverage and product quality.
Implementing test lab automation without automating the cable re-wiring presents many challenges that need to be dealt with. Some of these challenges include:
- Manual cable rewiring disrupts automated tests and may double test time
- Manual coordination of rewiring leads to poor lab equipment utilisation and control
- Remote access is limited and can depend on support from local personal
- Reproduction of test topologies requires more manual work and more time
- Simulation of certain network failure conditions and cable breaks can be a challenge.
Lepton’s ColdFusion Layer 1 test automation switch enables the automation of 100% of lab infrastructure. With ColdFusion, one can make network topology changes with the click of a button, or by integrating QA test scripts with ColdFusion APIs.
ColdFusion is the largest scale and density Layer 1 test automation switch available, capable of interconnecting up to 256 100G interfaces or 1024 10G/25G interfaces, allowing you to:
- Increase Lab Resource Utilisation
- Run the same number of test cases using fewer test tools and DUT’s
- Gain full control and visibility over who is using lab resources, and for how long
- Schedule and reserve resources
- Allow remote test engineers to share the same lab resources
- Reduce lab equipment idle time.
Reduce test time
- Reduce unnecessary troubleshooting time due to manual cabling mistakes
- Build, modify or teardown test topologies quickly and reliably using scripts
- Quickly isolate and troubleshoot test problems.
- Reduce test setup time
- Free up Test Engineers’ time to focus on their core technology challenges.
- Reduce CAPEX through an increased utilization of a smaller number of tools
- Reduce Opex as automation increases and manual labour decreases
- Reduce time to market, increasing savings and profits.
See for yourself!
To make an enquiry or request a demonstration, please fill out the short form available from the Enquiry button at the top of this page.
Cold Fusion Chassis Options
Chassis can be populated with any combination of Interface Blades making it the only L1 switch to support 10m to 128G in the same chassis.
The 12 RU 8-Slot Chassis can be populated with up to eight Interface Blades. The Chassis also houses integrated fabric control components, variable-speed fan units that automatically adjust according to the system temperature, and hot-swappable AC power supplies.
Port capacities per 8-Slot Chassis vary depending on the type of Interface blade used. Maximum port count is:
- 256 any-to-any mapping ports of up to 128Gbps
- 1024 ports of up to 28Gbps/32Gbps Fibre Channel
- 512 any-to-any mapping ports up to 28G/32Gbps Fibre Channel – including RJ45
The 4 RU 2-Slot Chassis can be populated with two Interface Blades that provide any-to-any port mapping. The Chassis also houses integrated fabric control components, variable-speed fan units that automatically adjust according to the system temperature, and hot-swappable AC power supplies.
Port capacities per 2-Slot Chassis vary depending on the type of Interface blade used. Maximum port count is:
- 128 ports of 10Mbps to 28Gbps
- 64 ports of up to 128Gbps
- 256 ports using breakout cables up to 28Gbps
ColdFusion Interface Blade Options
Interface Blades can be installed in any chassis slot
32 QSFP Interface Blade
Each 32 QSFP Interface Blade has 32 configurable QSFP28/SFP28 ports that support any MSA compliant QSFP module with data rates up to 128Gbps. Additionally, each port partitions into four 1Gbps- 28Gbps (32Gbps Fibre Channel) data lanes and using breakout cables each blade supports up to 128 data lanes.
64 SFP Interface Blade
Each 64 SFP Interface blade has 64 configurable SFP-based ports supporting any MSA compliant SFP module up to 28Gbps. (32Gbps Fibre Channel) Ethernet RJ45 SPF copper modules are also supported, and can populate the entire blade, for rates up to 10G.
We can help you maintain competitive advantage
See our solutions
Network visibility & fabric
Great applications and services require great network deliveryFind out more
Cloud, network & app performance
The key to retaining customers and motivating your workforceFind out more
Cloud & cyber security
Optimised protection that’s always thereFind out more
Test & system automation
Better outcomes with cutting edge test and test automationFind out more