Xena VulcanBay simulates millions of real-world user environments to test and validate infrastructure, a single device, or an entire system
Can your network and devices handle extreme TCP performance?
VulcanBay offers stateful end-to-end testing of network appliances such as switches, firewalls, routers, NAT routers, proxies, load-balancers, bandwidth shapers, and more. The platform is also suitable to characterise entire network infrastructure performance for TCP.
Developers of Ethernet-based network appliances can characterise their performance by measuring connection establishment and teardown rates, packet forwarding rate at large numbers of connections and identify performance bottlenecks. The platform is also ideal for rapid validation of performance or regression testing.
Developers of TCP-based application servers such as web- and FTP servers can measure TCP connection rates and verify robustness against TCP SYN attacks. HTTP get blasting can be used to verify web server performance and robustness.
The huge growth of web sites and applications using SSL/TLS encryption means their traffic must be decrypted to enable security devices to scan for the malware lurking inside. To evaluate new security devices and test configuration updates for existing appliances, you need to subject them – and your SSL decryption devices – to the real-life conditions in which they will need to excel.
VulcanBay provides native TLS traffic generation using up to date cipher suites and certificates to compare parameters such as handshake per second, concurrent TLS session, and TLS throughput. This adds real value for network owners and device manufacturers seeking to compare security setups to optimise the performance envelope of their network security devices.
- Stateful TCP traffic load generation with 24 million TCP connections
- Scalable platform – software enabled upgrades
- Supports dual-speed 1G, 2.5G, 5G, 10G, 25G & 40G SFP optical & copper Ethernet interfaces for L4-7
- Configuration/tuning of Ethernet, IP & TCP header fields for advanced traffic scenarios
- Stateful TCP connection blasting
- HTTP get/put/head/post blasting
- Wire-speed traffic capture with programmable filter and trigger criteria
- Switched and routed network topologies, TCP proxy and NAT support
- ValkyrieCLI – automated Command Line Interface (CLI) scripting from any scripting tool environment such as Tcl, Python, Perl, VBA, Ruby, Bash and Java
The VulcanManager software is included with the VulcanBay. This allows you to remotely manage your test equipment located in multiple locations and perform automated tests from any scripting environment and browser-based operation.Enhanced support
We can help you maintain competitive advantage
See our solutions
Network visibility & fabric
Great applications and services require great network deliveryFind out more
Cloud, network & app performance
The key to retaining customers and motivating your workforceFind out more
Cloud & cyber security
Optimised protection that’s always thereFind out more
Test & system automation
Better outcomes with cutting edge test and test automationFind out more